The 2015 edition of the pan-European startup contest Idea Challenge sees an increase in variety and internationality. The series of events re…
- Find, meet and portray fascinating entrepreneurs and real characters
- Document best practice examples of the startup-community
- Write about news from the startup-scene (fundings, new products, ...)
- Report about Startup-related events in the target region
Desired skills & experience
- High Command of the English Language, impeccable attention to detail with competence of creating editorial style sheets and setting structure: the tone and voice of a brand publication.
- Reporting and writing experience about business, people and technology
- Hands-on Team Player
- Creativity and the willingness to reﬁne the editorial concept of the platform
- Open mindset: highly social interactive, good networking skills
- Curiosity & persistance
- Technical skills: high afﬁnity to new media, ideally experience with CMS Drupal and basic web-development
If you are interested, please forward your CV and the most recent work in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Help inventures to uncover the best startups and founders from your country and gain experience in international media.You can do this by becoming an inventures scout for: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Slovenia and Poland.
inventures is a fast growing media startup focused on covering startup ventures and founders from Central and Eastern Europe. After two years operation, inventures has covered over 1000 ventures and founders – many of them for the very first time. Now it is time to take things to another level. And you can be part of it!
Your tasks will include:
- Scouting for relevant startup news in the local media (browse/look and search for at least 5 stories per week and prepare a one-paragraph summary in English of each story for the inventures platform)
- Providing weekly updates on startup events in your country (you should be able to add/edit this directly on the inventures platform)
- Helping inventures to identify the most inspiring founders (for regular lead interviews or feature stories)
- Promoting inventures in the local startup scene in your country/city (small budges can be provided).
What is expected from you:
- Have a great overview of the local startup scene
- Excellent command of English and your local language
- Good communication skills and being quick with responding
- Be professional and fun
- Be available on a weekly basis.
You will benefit:
- Fully covered 2 days training on new media, startups in CEE and Austria (location: Austria)
- Small budgets (which can be provided upon request) for promoting inventures in the local startup scene in your city
- Access to selected international events as press staff
- Connect with other scouts from the inventures network (regular web-conferences, Christmas party, training)
- inventures goodies bag.
How to Apply?
In order to apply you need to provide us with the following:
- Your CV in English
- An example of your writing skills in English (article, essay, column, short story…)
Please send all of the above to email@example.com and put "Scout in " + your country in the subject of your email. We'll be reviewing applicants on a regular basis and will be in touch in couple of days.