Startup and Business leaders meet in Europe to discuss globalization at Horasis
European startup and business leaders gathered this past weekend in Cascais, Portugal at Horasis Global Meeting to discuss globalization.
European startup and technology delegates at Horasis included:
- Caroline Jenner, at CEO at JA Europe
- Florence Bindelle, Secretary General at EuropeanIssuers
- Karim A. Lesina, Vice President at AT&T
- Letitia Seglah, Independent Expert at European Commission
- Lies Mertens, Founder and Creative Director at Lies Mertens
- Luigi Gambardella, President at ChinaEU
- Ray Walshe, Steering Group Member of Joint Initiative on Standardization (JIS) at European Commission
- Theo Timmermans , Secretary General at European Financial Services Round Table
- Considering the United States and its everpresent startup ecosystems, panels at Horasis produced a number of insights.
- Diogo Alves, Director at German Federal Association for Sustainability
- Dirk Biskup, Managing Director at CeGaT
- Angela Melo, Director of Ethics, Youth and Sport at UNESCO
- Ben Costantini, Chief Executive Officer at Startup Sesame
- Stefano da Empoli, Founder and President at I-Com
Said Anne Mckelvoy at the Global Meeting, “the European Union is perhaps more fractured than ever before and so the risks, but also the opportunities, that arise are quite great.” Added Dhurata Hoxha: “Regardless of the challenges that the EU faces, it is important to continue to have a stabilizing force that helps keep peace and prosperity across the region.”
The 2019 Horasis Global Meeting is co-hosted by the Portuguese Government and the City of Cascais. The organization aims to be the foremost annual gathering of business leaders who interact with heads of governments, key ministers and eminent thought leaders. The meeting’s purpose is to advance solutions to the most critical challenges facing corporations today.
Leave a Reply