The inventures startup wishlist
Posted On December 16, 2014
Most of the Xmas calender doors are open, we are already stuffed with cookies, are saturated with sweet “Punsch” and strong “Glühwein” so there is nothing left to be desired. Well, almost nothing… Sometimes, when we write about this project or talk to that founder, a sparkle in our eye can’t be ignored. It has been a hell of a year for us and we know it has also been for you. So, we came together to discuss our personal faves and, from all the startups we have covered last year, we present you our pick of five products or services we would like to find under this year’s tree ourselves.
Christina, Editor in chief
- Wallum – I am constantly on the search for my purse and this handy wallet could make my life a lot easier.
- Tractive – the pet tracker. I would pass it on to my mum which might slightly cut down the number of stories of her dog running off as soon as he smells food. Plus: she would love me even more!
- Tattoomodels.at – The Graz-based startup with an unusual business idea immediately got my attention. I would love to find one of their bunny skull rings or shirts under my tree.
- TakeACake – The Bulgarian bakery set a new trend in their home country. I kind of got addicted to cupcakes while living in London, so the best excuse for seeking is Christmas.
- Runtastic – Simply because I will need motivation for the time after the cupcakes…
The popular wallet solution among us; Photo credit: Wallum
- The Socks – from Bulgaria, cause there’s just never enough of them.
- Sunsausage – a solar grill from Austria. There’s nothing like enjoying mountains while enjoying a “Würstel”.
- RAW-air – a drone with a Harrier-jet-like take off capabilities.
- Wallum – to help with a losing battle against plastic card overload.
- Flaviar subscription – to enjoy high quality spirits after a job-well-done day.
- CubeSensors – I am a sucker for gadgets and interior design and these don’t just tell you all you need to know about your environment, but act as decoration items too!
- Sheela – their aprons are so cool! Being a big fan of pop art and pop tarts, I can certainly see myself “slaving” in the kitchen more if I had one of these.
- Tracker – despite the rise of tablets and phablets board games and “hardware” games in general and are cool at any age, just ask my grandparents one of the best New Year’s Eve parties I had was playing Jenga with them a couple of years ago.
- AeroMobil – too early to ask for one? Too big to fit in a sock? Nevertheless, I’d love to get on the waiting list and just soar over traffic jams – if I win the lottery, that is!
- Tabtag stickers – they are so cool and discrete, just a little thing that makes a big impression. And the best thing is I can change my mind and take them off without turning my Macbook into a sticky mess.
- Sofasession – Their service allows you to jam online with others. You don’t even have to carry around guitars, amplifiers or a drumkit – simply turn on your computer and get going.
- Brewie – With Brewie you can toy around with ingredients and create your own special ale, stout or larger. I would go for some brown ale, with some chocolaty flavour first!
Why not DIY beer?; Photo credit: Brewie
- Dragdis – I read a lot on the web and sometimes its really hard to keep track of it. To organise everything in a neat structure I would use Dragdis who help chaotic people like me to bring some order into the bookmark mess.
- Goat Story – The Slovenian startup created a cup in the shape of a drinking horn which would go perfectly with my black metal, um, black tea in the morning. Horns up!
- BikeCityGuide – As a passionate cyclist, I often have to stop and orientate myself to find new places in the city. With the service of the Austrian starup I could not only find places quicker and also safer – their Finn mount attaches the smartphone safely to the handlebar so the hands can stay there too.
Leave a Reply